BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE INDIA
Effective Date : 17 / 09 / 2021
2. Who We Are
We provide various video games and game services, including Battlegrounds Mobile India (the “Game” or “App”), the official site at https://www.battlegroundsmobileindia.com/ (“Site(s)”) and service related to the Game (i.e. event, survey, payment service or customer service) (“Service(s)”) to players.
3. Information We Collect
We collect information about you and the Services that you use. Information may also be required to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract with you (such as to provide the Service at your request), and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide the requested services or products. The information we collect falls into three different categories: 1) information collected directly from you; 2) information collected automatically, and 3) information collected from third parties.
1) Information collected directly from you
You may provide us with the following information when playing our Game and/or using our Services. The information you provide to us may differ in some cases. For example, these may include:
- Nickname to create a character in-game
- Nickname, email address, name, phone number, date of birth, etc. to register for tournament(s) or e-sports event(s)
- Nickname, email address, name, phone numbers, etc. to provide customer service
- Nickname, email address, name, phone number, gender, age, country of residence, etc. for participation in survey(s), and other events
When you participate in social features (such as game chat), please note that the information that you disclose becomes public information and we may store and access it.
2) Information collected automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you play our Games and/or use our Services. The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
– Device information (including IP address, device ID, device model, network type, OS version, time zone settings, screen resolution, etc.),
- Data during our Game play,
- Device event information, including crash reports and system activity details (e.g. whether you encountered an error playing our games or lost Internet access),
- Your browsing behavior while using our Site and/or Services
3) Information collected from third parties
When you access our Games and/or Services using a third party platform(such as Google, Apple, Game Center, Twitter, Facebook, or Coda Payments). We collect certain information from your profile/account on the third party platform’s as permitted by the terms of the third party platform and your privacy settings thereon. For example, these include:
- Google: Google ID, nickname, profile image, purchase history
- Apple: Apple ID, profile image, purchase history
- Game Center: User ID, nickname, profile image
- Twitter: Twitter ID, nickname, profile image, friends list
- Facebook: Name, Facebook ID, profile picture, friends list
- Coda Payments: User ID, email address, mobile number, server ID, purchase history
4. Cookie and Related Technologies
Cookies are small files downloaded to your computer (if your browser is enabled to accept cookies) to track movements within websites and to customize your experience within the Site. Most Internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You should refer to your browser instructions or “Help” screen to learn more about how to manage cookies. Please note, however, that if you block cookies, some portions of the Site may not function properly.
2) Website/Apps Analytics
We use analysis services on this site or apps to allow us to record information on the use of this Site and to constantly improve our offering.
This Site and the App uses Google® Analytics and related technologies, analysis services offered by Google Inc. (“Google”). We may use the following advertising functions of Google® Analytics and collect personal information as provided by Google, and you may withdraw your consent by deactivating such functions in Google’s advertising settings: Remarketing by using Google® Analytics; Google® Display Network Exposure Report; Google® Analytics Demographics and Interests Report; and Integrated service allowing the collection of data through Google® Analytics by using advertising cookies and anonymous IDs.
If you wish to opt-out from your information or data being used by Google Analytics, you may download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
5. How We Use Your Information
We use the collected information for a variety of purposes, primarily, to provide the Game and the Service (collectively, the “Game Service”) to players like you and to improve the quality of the Game Service. These include:
– Operating the Game Service,
- Providing opportunities to participate on the events or surveys relating to the Game Service,
- Solving technical problems and improving the quality of the Service,
– Identification of individual players to provide the Game service,
– Technical protection against usage of unauthorized programs,
– Preventing inappropriate gameplay that could harm other players,
– Tracking usage patterns and analyzing trends of players, calculate statistics on service use,
– Searching player statistics and provision of leaderboard,
- Operating E-sports events and providing opportunities to participate in tournament(s), and
- Providing customer service by collecting and responding to inquires.
In the majority of cases, processing of your personal information is:
– necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our Service, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile and to provide the Service and customer support to you.
– in our legitimate interests, which are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, we may analyze players’ behaviors in our Game and/or Services to continuously improve our Service. Also, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
– necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation: For example, we may process your personal information to comply with applicable accounting rules which require keeping accounting records and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement.
6. Sharing Your Information
We give permission to third parties, including service providers which process personal information on behalf of us to provide customer support and to manage our community. Examples of these third parties include:
– third party program restriction providers to block cheating tools and unauthorized programs,
– cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services,
– third party payment service providers (including but not limited to App Store, Google Play) to assist with payment for transactions or providing withdrawing service for sellers,
– online survey service providers in order to improve the game service,
- customer service providers to respond to users’ inquiries,
- E-sports events providers to hold and operate the E-sports events.
We may also share your information where such disclosure is essential to comply with a legal obligation or a lawful data access request.
7. International Data Transfers
Your personal information will be stored and processed on servers located in India and Singapore. However, we may transfer your data to other countries and/or regions to operate the game service and/or to meet legal requirements. The legal basis for such processing is compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject to or are legitimate interests, such as exercise or defense of legal claims. In the event of transfer to another country or region, we will take steps to ensure that your information receives the same level of protection as if it remained in India.
8. Retaining and Deleting Personal Information
9. Our Policy Concerning Underage Users
This Game and/or Service are not intended for underage users. Thus underage users should not use the Game and/or Service unless parental consent is provided. We do not knowingly collect, use or share any personal information for those who are under 18 years of age without the consent and verification of the underage users’ parent or guardian, or unless permitted by law. If you are under the age of 18 years, you will be asked to provide the mobile phone number of your parent or guardian to confirm that you are legally eligible to play the game. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe your child under 18 years of age has provided us with their personal information without your consent, you can contact us and request that your child’s information be deleted from our system.
10. Links and Third Party Services
11. Security of Your Information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally leaked, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, etc. who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.We have put in place safety procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
12. Your Privacy Rights
Subject to limitations in applicable law, you may be entitled to object to or request the restriction of processing of your personal information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own personal information. Please note that some information may be exempt from such requests based on applicable law and your exercise of such rights may prevent you from continuing to access or use the Game Service. To make a request concerning your rights or if you have any other question, please contact us by sending an email to the address specified in the “Contact Us” section. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Grievance Officer Information
n Name: Myoung Sook Kwon
n Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
n Address: Centerfield East Tower, 231, Teheran-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea